Do you like this story?
There are several ways to install application or library to Android System. You can use Google Play to find and install an application or you can use adb commands to install and push application or library file to Android System. But this ways is only can be done for one or some application / library file what if you need to install 25 file application and 2 library file but with different location ?
You will need update.zip, update.zip is a advantage ways to install application or push library file to Android System usually use by roms developer or themes developer to distribute their package. Now in this opportunity i will teach you [How to] Create Android Update Zip Package.
All you have to do is to put all files in corresponding directory in Android File System and an updater-script. for example you wanna install samsung keyboard on CM 7.2 installation, so the step will be :
- Create working folder C:\Keyboard
- Creating folders :
- Create folder C:\Keyboard\META-INF\ and fill with meta-inf.zip extraction
- Open C:\Keyboard\META-INF\com\google\android\
- Edit updater-script
- That script will :
- running mount command to mount /system
- extract / copy entire folder /system to /system on device
- fix permission all new folders that have been copy /system/app, /system/T9DB, /system/lib and /system/etc/permission
- Compress entire contents of C:\Keyboard to zip file
- Finish now try it on your device, but don't forget to do nandroid backup in case something bad happen
NOTE : DO THIS TUTORIAL , DWITH YOUR OWN RISKON'T BLAME ME IF SOMETHING HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE